Friday, July 13, 2012

Things to Do When You're Bored Online

So right now, I just got on the blog after finding out that I am alone in our school's chat channel and forum. Alooooone. When there are no people to troll online, I get all depressed and bored.

I'm guessing some of you are like me, so I just came up with a list of things to do when I'm staring at the computer monitor and just being bored.

1. Google something random.


Call over your bro, sis, best friend, or even your mom if you're desperate XD loljk. Take turns typing in a letter or any character on Google. For example, you can press "J" and your buddy will press "E" and you'll press "I" and he'll press "M" and then you press Search. You'll be surprised what kind of results you'll find.

Once my brother and I typed in "John Fogerty" (I put J, he put O, I put H, yaddayaddayadda) when we  were real bored and theeeen this dude showed up.

i don't want to get in trouble for copyrights sooo from now on i'll do credit. credit to virginmedia.com

He's so old. When there are no results, it usually makes my brother and me feel like we're tied in a game (for some...weird...reason...), so we try again. When you DO get good results, however, it's actually kind of funny to find out who/what it is.

2. Play with Google Translate

Just go to translate.google.com and play with languages. For example, type something like "I'm bored" and find out how to say it in Vietnamese, Italian, Japanese, Swahili, or Tagalog! Actually, it also has a fun feature called "beatbox" if you type things like "zkh bh h zh" or whutever.

Once I was talking to Bene (you know this guy; you've seen his hand :3) and, out of complete boredom, I went to Google Translate and turned this to Japanese: "I'm bored. I have nothing to do...I mean, except for chatting with you. Oh yeah and listening to Hatsune Miku. HATSUNE MIKU"

Then Bene replied, "Bored me. Nothing doing I am. You except chat. Hatsune Miku listening to. HATSUNE MIKU. what was that? o__o"

"You went to Google Translate didn't you?"

"NO. IT'S OBVIOUS THAT I DIDN'T. I DID NOT."

":P"

3. GOOGLE TRICKS FTW

They're just fun, nuff said. The ones I know are:

"do a barrel roll"
"tilt" (this one is the most disappointing -.-)
"zerg rush"

*blinks* LOL I DON'T KNOW A LOT. I'll look for more, guys. I mean it.

credit to techspot.com

This is how Google zerg rushes. :3

4. Search for your name/username/nickname

Once I searched my real name online and I just got a handful of results. When I searched for my most common username, I got a few more. And when I searched my mom's name and clicked the "Images" button, I got a picture of a sea otter ._.

5. Get a dictionary and turn the first word you see into your Facebook status

Assuming you HAVE a dictionary at home (I don't :3), just flip to a random page, point at a word, and use it. For example, what you picked was "Prologue".

Go over to Facebook and just type, "Prologue." NOTHING ELSE OR YOU WILL SQUISH THE SUSPENSE. (Your friends would wonder what happened to you XD)

"Prologue, I chooose YOOOOOOOOOOU"

6. Type your face up

You know those image thingies people make with text, like Britney Spears out of asterisks and slashes? See if you can do that. Althooooough, if you don't have enough patience to do that (we all don't -3-), you can just make a simple one, like this:

(> o3o)>   (._ .)
 (> o3o)>  (._ .)
   (> o3o)>(O_o)
    (> o3o)>  ===== \( ODO)/

If all else fails...

Lick your knee. :3

Mmkay, that's all. I have to sleep so I can go to an Art Workshop in the morning. Kthanksbye. Peace out. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting, you have given us one dollar to save a Nyan Kitten from being eaten. Thank you, kind, kind person (i ^ i)